ECE 1202 Healthy & Safe Environments
Students will examine and discuss content and issues related to the health, safety, and nutrition of young children birth through age 5. Students will explore information that relates to positive interactions that support optimal growth and development of young children. Students will identify ways to engage the family in supporting these practices as well as licensing rules and state standards.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Identify the role of educator in promoting nutrition, activity and movement, and wellness in the young childâ€™s life.
- Describe the signs and sources of stress in childrenâ€™s lives and identify factors which contribute to stress resilience.
- Describe strategies and practices in securing a safe environment for children, both indoors and outdoors.
- Locate and discuss existing licensing rules, regulations, state program standards, and mandates concerning health, safety, and nutrition.
- Observe and evaluate dietary guidelines and how nutritious foods are essential in healthy growth and development.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 3:40PM
7:30PM to 8:45PM