ECE 1400 Introduction to Early Childhood Education CDA Preparation
Professional issues in the field of early childhood education, review of related historical and current trends, types of early childhood programs. Center observation required. This course includes additional materials and assignments related to the preparation for the Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Describe characteristics of quality early childhood programs for young children.
- Describe professionalism in the field of early childhood education.
- Demonstrate information literacy skills to locate and use appropriate literature, organizations, and resources related to early childhood education.
- Describe the influences of historical pioneers and events in the field of early childhood education.
- Identify current trends and issues related to diverse families and communities and describe their impact on the field of early childhood education.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No