ECE 2301 Early Childhood Education Practicum
Coordinated practicum experience in an assigned program of early education and care. Weekly seminar. Written application required one semester in advance. Two classroom, twenty-one practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethics and legal responsibilities in a program of early education and care; and identify opportunities for professional development.
- Demonstrate early childhood education practices and skills that support each child and their family.
- Provide developmentally appropriate learning opportunities in healthy, respectful, supportive and challenging environments that promote development of each child.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate and individualized curriculum utilizing a variety of instructional practices, materials and environments.
- Use continuum of observation/assesment methods to plan and individualize curriculum and teaching practices to support development of each child.
- Demonstrate knowledge of early childhood education practices and skills that support diverse family and community characteristics.
Credit Hours: 5
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Practicum: 21 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term