EDU 1107 Art & Music for Elementary Education
This course includes art and music education for elementary education teachers. Including philosophy, skills, teaching techniques, concepts, and materials. Focus on using art and music as teaching tools with other subjects to enhance student learning.
- Acquire skills, resources and motivation for integrating art and music into the classroom setting.
- Develop personal music knowledge, skills, and values.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of terminology and theories in art education.
- Become an advocate for developmentally appropriate art and music experiences for elementary children.
- Acquire knowledge of the history and rationale of art education (why we make art and what are its uses?).
- Actively experience and apply the musical concepts and skills developmentally appropriate for the elementary school years.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No