EDU 2103 Trauma-Informed Classrooms
Trauma-Informed Classrooms will explore and create a foundational understanding of the characteristics, effects, teaching strategies, and teacher expectations and responsibilities to assist in working with children in grades K-5 who experienced trauma .
- Recognize/identify signs of trauma.
- Demonstrate how to create a safe and welcoming school/classroom environment.
- Identify ways to strive to be culturally competent and to understand people in the context of their life experiences and cultural background
- Articulate and apply differentiated Trauma-informed responses to individual student needs.
- Manage and employ effective trauma-based strategies, from birth to grade 5.
- Assess reactive moments of trauma and apply informed strategies in response to the crisis.
- Design a classroom environment that is respectful of the need for safety, respect, and acceptance.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No