EET 1155 AC Circuits
Sinusoidal wave properties, complex numbers and phasors, behavior of transformers, steady-state behavior of RC circuits under AC conditions, steady-state behavior of RL circuits under AC conditions, steady-state behavior of RLC circuits under AC conditions, analysis of basic filter circuits, AC network theorems such as superposition, Thevenin's and Norton's theorems, three phase and polyphase power and power factor analysis. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: EET 1150
- Apply knowledge of AC relationships and concepts when working in an AC environment.
- Use AC multimeter and oscilloscope to properly make measurements.
- Use the information on the schematic to identify and assess circuits and components.
- Communicate technical information orally and in writing with peers and others.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Electronics Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 10:50AM