EGR 1106 Basic Mechanical & Electrical Skills
Utilization of general/specialized hand/power tools that are typically used in the electromechanical industry; use of various dimension measurement devices; simple machine repair procedures from belt replacement to complete subsystem repair; drilling, reaming and tapping holes for various mechanical fasteners. Elementary industrial machine wiring principles; schematics, panel layouts, assembly and wiring techniques. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Perform all work within the scope of industry standards.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical systems.
- Apply safety standards when working in the mechanical and electrical fields.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automation and Control Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No