EGR 1217 Fluid Power & Control
Fundamentals and basic applications of fluid power components, systems, controls and accessories. The design parameters and the terminology required to specify and plan fluid power systems. Basic electrical and Programmable Logic Control (PLC) control of fluid power components. One classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Evaluate the construction and operation of fluid power cylinders.
- Apply pneumatic principles.
- Evaluate the construction and operation of directional control valves.
- Demonstrate an understanding of standard fluid power components and the construction and operation of common fluid power circuits.
- Apply electrical control of fluid power components.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automation and Control Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No