EGR 2252 Teach Pendant Robot Programming
Introduction to Teach Pendant Programming (TPP) for robots, including TPP program development on the teach pendant and through offline programming software. Programs, tested using Fanuc robots, will be written for motion control, input/output activation and palletizing. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: EGR 1128
- Develop programs that require decisions to be made on various I/O. Also create looping and branching statements in order to repeat a portion of the program.
- Develop programs, both on the teach pendent and off-line, that cause the robot to move along the desired path at the appropriate speed.
- Use counters, variables, and position registers to minimize the number of taught points required for a palletizing and depalletizing program.
- Develop programs that permit the robot to communicate with any peripheral device (stack light, PLCs, CNC, mills, etc.).
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automation and Control Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 3:15PM