EGR 2256 Automated Data Acquisition Systems
Data acquisition technologies with the use of bar coding, image recognition, optical character recognition, Charge Coupled Device (CCD) camera images, laser scanning, voice recognition, radio frequency and microwave transponder. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: EET 1198 and EGR 2252 and EGR 2261
- Use operation characteristics of various data acquisition methods and techniques.
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware used in data acquisition.
- Interface hardware to various machines or devices used for various data acquisition purposes. Install and bring on-line various data acquisition hardware items for specific applications.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automation and Control Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No