EGR 2279 Mechatronics Capstone
Project-based review of electro-mechanical system design, layout and integration of related industrial systems, and skills from the following areas: robots and programming languages, electronic systems, component installation, motors, troubleshooting, mechanical design, mechanical repair and preventative maintenance. Additional focus on schematics, teamwork and communications, analytical and simulation tools, assembly, testing, troubleshooting and repair of a functional electro-mechanical device. One classroom, four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: EGR 1128
- Report on project process and results both orally and written.
- Develop budget, schedule, and assign tasks for a project.
- Design, program, and create technical documents and drawings.
- Solve a problem through design and documentation using mechatronics device.
- Construct electro-mechanical system as designed and modify to function as needed.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automation and Control Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No