EGV 1401 Weatherization & Building Performance Training
This course covers energy assessment and weatherization methods for single and multifamily dwellings. The course covers the operation of the equipment: blower door, duct blaster, pressure pan, flow meter, infrared camera, and combustion analyzer. This course is designed to prepare students for the Building Performance Institute Building Analyst written and field test. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate the proper method for air sealing and insulation installation and testing procedures to insure a safe combustion appliance zone.
- Perform building assessment testing per Building Performance Institute (BPI) standards.
- Collect and analyze building component and utility data to prepare an energy assessment report.
- Demonstrate the proper use of testing equipment, including a blower door, duct blaster, pressure pan, flow meter, infrared camera, and combustion analyzer.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Engineering Technology Design
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No