EGV 2151 Solar Thermal Systems
This course covers some of the basic cognitive materials needed to install and maintain solar thermal systems. Designed to help individuals better prepare for the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioner (NABCEP) Solar Thermal Installer examination but does not provide all of the materials needed to complete the certification examination. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Define and describe solar energy fundamentals.
- Describe the installation and operation requirements for mechanical/plumbing equipment and electrical control systems.
- Identify and describe the components of a solar thermal energy systems.
- Conduct a site assessment for installation of a solar thermal energy system.
- Describe the installation techniques for solar collectors, water heaters and storage tanks.
- Describe maintenance and troubleshooting requirements for solar thermal systems.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Engineering Technology Design
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No