EGV 2610 Water Supply
Examination of the concepts related to the operation of water treatment systems. The course will cover basic concepts related to contaminant identification, safety procedures, regulations and treatment technologies along with other properties related to water supply. This course is designed to prepare students to sit for Ohio EPA Operator Certification. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Describe procedures related to the safe operation of a water supply system.
- Identify the types of manuals, pumps, wells, and distribution systems associated with water supply. Describe treatment options, public notice requirements, source protection, management concepts, sampling procedures and basic math associated with water supply systems.
- Describe the contaminants associated with water supply.
- Identify Ohio law and regulation related to water supply. Identify local standards that may apply to water supply.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Environmental Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No