EGV 2630 Wastewater Treatment
Examination of the concepts related to the operation of wastewater treatment systems. The course will cover basic concepts related to pollutant identification, safety procedures, regulation and treatment theory along with properties related to wastewater treatment. This course is designed to prepare students to sit for Ohio EPA Operations Certifications. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Describe the contaminants associated with wastewater treatment.
- Describe Ohio laws and regulations related to wastewater treatment. Identify local standards that may apply to wastewater treatment.
- Identify procedures related to the safe operation of a wastewater treatment systems.
- Describe the types of manuals, pumps, wells, and collection systems associated with wastewater treatment. Describe treatment theory, laboratory procedures, management concepts, sampling procedures and basic math associated with wastewater treatment.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Environmental Engineering Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No