EMS 2105 Paramedic 1: Lecture
The paramedic student is introduced to the fundamental concepts of patient assessment, airway management and pharmacology. These concepts are reinforced within the laboratory setting of EMS 2110. Successful students will then be prepared to begin applying this knowledge within the clinical setting. Clinical activity begins in the second semester of the paramedic program. The EMS program is accredited by the Ohio Division of EMS, Department of Public Safety. Accreditation number 326.
- Apply the components of patient assessment within written simulated patient presentations.
- Use the techniques and tools for managing airway/ventilation problems on simulated written patient presentations.
- Use the techniques and tools for the administration of medications on simulated written patient presentations.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
2:30PM to 4:30PM
8:00PM to 10:00PM