EMS 2110 Paramedic 1: Laboratory
This is the introductory laboratory experience within the paramedic program. Skills will be reviewed and retested from the Emergency Medical Technician level. CPR will be retested. New skills will involve patient assessment, airway management and pharmacology, including drug math. Four lab hours per week. The EMS program is accredited by the Ohio Division of EMS, Department of Public Safety. Accreditation number 326.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Demonstrate the components of patient assessment within simulated patient presentations.
- Demonstrate the assessment and techniques related to airway/ventilation management.
- Demonstrate the techniques of gaining vascular access and the administration of medications.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term