EMS 2135 Paramedic 2: Clinical
The paramedic student is introduced to the hospital clinical setting where he/she will apply knowledge learned from the lecture and laboratory setting in the direct supervised care of patients. Fourteen practicum hours per week. The EMS program is accredited by the Ohio Division of EMS, Department of Public Safety. Accreditation number 326.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department and Other (background check, current vaccinations (including COVID-19), and a health certificate required)
- Demonstrate introductory level patient care skills in the hospital setting.
- Demonstrate introductory level professionalism when caring for patients in the hospital setting.
- Demonstrate introductory level patient assessment skills in the hospital setting.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No