EMS 2155 Paramedic 3: Laboratory
This course covers the assessment and management of patients suffering from traumatic injuries, basic rescue techniques, obstetrical emergencies and medical emergencies. Specific skills covered include managing patients in vehicles, traumatic airway management, neonatal care and differential diagnosis. Four lab hours per week. The EMS program is accredited by the Ohio Division of EMS, Department of Public Safety. Accreditation number 326.
- Demonstrate the appropriate care for the patient with a traumatic emergency within simulated patient presentations.
- Demonstrate the appropriate care for the neonate within simulated patient presentations.
- Demonstrate the appropriate care for the medical patient within simulated patient presentations.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No