EMS 2160 Paramedic 3: Clinical
This course is divided into two settings: hospital and out-of-hospital. Within the hospital clinical setting, the student will work to master knowledge learned related to the direct supervised care of patients. Once mastery is demonstrated, the student will be cleared to apply his/her education in the out-of-hospital setting. All students must complete a 112-hour field experience/ambulance assignment. Seven practicum hours per week. The EMS program is accredited by the Ohio Division of EMS, Department of Public Safety. Accreditation number 326.
- Demonstrate intermediate level patient assessment skills in the out of hospital setting.
- Demonstrate intermediate level professionalism when caring for patients in the out of hospital setting.
- Demonstrate intermediate level patient care skills in the out of hospital setting.
Credit Hours: 1
- Practicum: 7 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No