EMS 2180 Paramedic 4: Field Experience
Under direct supervision, students work to integrate lecture, laboratory and hospital clinical knowledge to treat patients in the out-of-hospital setting. The goal is to establish mastery of patient care skills as they apply to the out-of-hospital care setting. All students must complete a 112-hour field internship. Seven practicum hours per week. The EMS program is accredited by the Ohio Division of EMS, Department of Public Safety. Accreditation number 326.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department and Other (background check, current vaccinations (including COVID-19), and a health certificate required)
- Demonstrate graduate paramedic student level patient care skills in the out-of-hospital setting.
- Demonstrate graduate paramedic student level patient assessment skills in the out-of-hospital setting.
- Demonstrate graduate paramedic level professionalism when caring for patients in the out-of-hospital setting.
Credit Hours: 1
- Practicum: 7 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term