EMS 2300 Critical Care Paramedic 1
This course explores the technologically challenging area of critical care medicine. The use of advanced diagnostics such as arterial lines and swan ganz catheters and patient management skills such as ventilators, LVADs and advanced pharmacology will be explored.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department and Other (Paramedic)
- Apply critical care concepts related to the monitoring, management and stabilization of patients requiring respiratory support.
- Integrate the out of hospital concepts of critical care pharmacology into patient care management.
- Apply critical care concepts related to the monitoring, management and stabilization of patients requiring cardiovascular support.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No