EMS 2315 EMS Management 2
This course is for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel who need to understand the roles and responsibilities of EMS managers. Various aspects of management, including EMS law, quality assurance, customer service and the evaluation of specific mass casualties will be addressed.
Prerequisites: ENG 1101
- Apply the concepts and application of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and the development of an appropriate protocol and discipline policy.
- Participate in a mock disaster table-top exercise in a leadership role using the Incident Command System.
- Apply legal issues that impact EMS including knowledge of resources available to research precedent and receive information regarding interaction with other medical professionals, the legal system, direct patient customers and their families.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Emergency Medical Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No