END 1182 Lab for Intro to EEG
This is the laboratory portion of the Introduction to Electroencephalography (EEG) and will provide the "hands-on" aspects to the basic knowledge of electroencephalography, understanding EEG concepts utilized for diagnosis of various cerebral disorders. Includes basic neurophysiology concepts of EEG, normal and abnormal brain wave patterns in adults and children, with emphasis on instrumentation and recording techniques.
- Demonstrate the process for evaluating and documenting patient procedures.
- Demonstrate the foundational principles of performing an EEG.
- Perform a standard EEG.
- Identify the procedures for providing a safe recording environment.
- Demonstrate the processes in which an electroneurodiagnostic technician establishes rapport with the patient and patient’s family.
- Prepare a basic data sheet (“tech sheet”).
Credit Hours: 0
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Electroneurodiagnostic Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No