END 1435 Lab for Advanced Polysomnography
Lab for this course involves parameters, digital and technical specifications of polysomnography, staging and scoring sleep patterns, identification breathing and movement disorders. Demonstrating sleep calculations and daytime sleep studies advanced PAP therapies, esophageal pH and NPT testing. Evaluating the aspects of sleep disorders lab management, and Home Sleep Testing.
Prerequisites: END 1421
- Apply the rules for scoring of sleep and associated events to case studies.
- Recognize normal and abnormal sleep disorders, integrating the physiologic functions of nervous, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems.
- Perform the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT) and the maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT).
- Demonstrates the correct sleep apnea montage, placement and calibration of diagnostic, electrodes, and associated equipment. Emphasis on monitoring, diagnosis, scoring, and treatment of sleep disorders. Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressures equipment, artifact and troubleshooting of sleep montage results.
- Identifies and classifies sleep stages in adult and pediatric sleep studies
Credit Hours: 0
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Electroneurodiagnostic Tech
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No