END 1891 Polysomnography Practicum
Practicum in the clinical setting in a sleep laboratory or a sleep center. Departmental orientation, policies and procedures, individual body mechanics and patient transfer techniques. Gather and analyze patient information, perform testing preparation procedures, perform polysomnographic procedures. Emphasis on performing overnight diagnostic and therapeutic polysomnograms. Twenty-one practicum hours per week.
- Observe and demonstrate basic EEG concepts and skills.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in dress, language and interactions with staff and patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to document appropriately and accurately in both content and vocabulary.
Credit Hours: 3
- Practicum: 21 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Electroneurodiagnostic Tech
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No