ENS 1118 Lifetime Physical Fitness & Wellness
This course provides an overview of the concepts of physical fitness, conditioning principles and appropriate exercise and health practices with application to lifelong fitness and wellness. Course includes lecture and physical fitness testing.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and MAT 0100 or MAT 1110 or MAT 1130 or MAT 1445
- Describe different types of training that contribute to the development of the components of health related fitness.
- Identify and describe different types of fitness testing for the five components of health related fitness.
- Analyze common myths, fallacies and sources of misinformation in the areas of health, fitness and weight reduction.
- Analyze the scientific evidence that exists supporting the value of physical fitness, sound nutritional practices, stress management and wellness.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Exercise Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No