ENS 2318 Fitness Assessment & Exercise Prescription
Students learn and experience the process of risk stratification, fitness assessment in the five components of fitness and exercise testing for low- to moderate-risk individuals. Integration and analysis of results and norms to design individualized exercise prescription.
Prerequisites: MAT 0100 or MAT 0600 or DEV 0035 or ENS 1118 or BIO 1121 or MAT 1110 or MAT 1130 or MAT 1445
- Utilize metabolic calculations, normative standards, and assessment measurements and interpret results.
- Identify and utilize coronary artery disease risk factors, risk stratification, and physiological changes associated with exercise.
- Analyze results of fitness assessments and develop exercise prescriptions.
- Explain, demonstrate, and perform fitness assessments and exercise testing.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Exercise Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No