ENS 2412 Integration of Physical Education for Elementary Educators
An introduction to the theory and practice of conducting a physical education program, as well as integrating movement education into the teaching of all elementary disciplines. Students will become proficient in methods and skills necessary for effective teaching.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 or MAT 0600 and MAT 0100 or MAT 1110 or MAT 1130 or MAT 1445
- Describe growth and maturation differences among elementary students.
- Develop a lesson plan using best practices and National Association of Sport and Physical Education standards and motor skill progressions.
- Analyze and evaluate classroom management and discipline.
- Design strategies to meet individual student needs, monitor and evaluate progress, and orchestrate classroom learning.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Physical Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No