FST 1102 Firefighter I
Basic and intermediate instruction in fire suppression, fire chemistry and behavior, rescue, firefighting tools, appliances, equipment, built-in fire suppression systems and firefighting safety and survival. Three classroom, eight lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate the fundamentals of fire suppression.
- Demonstrate how to properly use all firefighting tools and equipment as required by the National Fire Protection Association, State of Ohio and Pro-Board, that applies to the volunteer firefighter.
- Demonstrate how to rescue entrapped occupants.
- Demonstrate appropriate safety and survival techniques used while fighting fires in various burning structures including single story, multi-story, and various industrial structures.
Credit Hours: 7
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Lab: 8 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Fire Science Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
6:00PM to 10:00PM
7:30AM to 4:00PM
7:30AM to 6:00PM