FST 1125 Fire Investigation I
The fundamentals and technical knowledge needed for proper fire scene investigations, including recognizing and conducting origin and cause, preservation of evidence and documentation, scene security, motives of the fire setter and types of fire causes.
- Describe various fire scene investigation processes and procedures with emphasis on documentation and chain of evidence.
- Describe and identify the firefighter's role and responsibilities in fire investigation.
- Define the legal components of fire investigation and the role of the fire investigator in the legal process.
- Define and identify the cause and origin of various fire situations, the fuel ignited, ignition source, and various acts that brought them together.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Fire Science Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
6:00PM to 8:40PM