FST 1555 Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
Training required to enter or work on a hazardous waste site with emphasis on personnel safety, site hazards, toxicology, personal protective equipment, decontamination, site characterization and site control. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Describe the elements of a site safety plan.
- Identify regulatory laws.
- Distinguish and describe the occupational hazards associated with hazardous waste sites.
- Identify and correctly wear various personal protective equipment.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Fire Science Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term