FST 2209 Fire Service Instructor
This course covers the development and delivery of fire service training materials. Instructional motivations, student learning strategies and evaluation are addressed. This course also meets the requirements of the State of Ohio certification as a State Fire Instructor as well as the objectives in the National Fire Protection Association Standard 1041. Two classroom, four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: FST 1101 and Approval of Department
- Identify student learning characteristics.
- Identify proper methods of testing and evaluating public safety skills.
- Make several presentations on fire service topics.
- Recall the legal issues associated with fire service training.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Fire Science Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
6:00PM to 10:00PM