FST 2253 Fire Officer III
Administration of fire department operations and the management of programs, facilities and resources to provide a fire protection delivery system. This course meets the requirements of National Fire Protection Association Standard 1021, Fire Officer III.
Prerequisites: FST 2252
- Develop a program that involves community partnerships that addresses a fire safety or education need.
- Identify the protection needs of community using data and various other means of assessment.
- Command, manage and critique a large scale emergency incident that involves multi-jurisdictions and multiple public as well as private agencies.
- Assign fire department personnel to address staffing and response needs of a fire department and related duty assignment needs.
- Develop a program to address the needs of recruiting, selecting, hiring and professional development for fire department personnel.
- Prepare a budget and write a justification for various fire department expenditures. Develop a purchasing system for the acquisition of capital items.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Fire Science Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No