FST 2254 Fire Officer IV
Assessing the public fire protection needs of a community and the strategic planning and development of various components of the fire protection delivery system. This course meets the needs of National Fire Protection Association 1021, Fire Officer IV.
Prerequisites: FST 2253
- Develop a long-range strategic plan addressing response, fiscal needs and facilities needed for a fire protection delivery system.
- Develop a process to assess the effectiveness of a fire department's human resources capabilities and develop programs to fill missing needs.
- Develop disaster preparedness and related emergency action plans for a given community.
- Develop a program to improve labor-management relations in a given fire protection delivery system.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Fire Science Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No