GEO 1107 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Introduction to the basic theoretical as well as practical concepts of Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Students will learn the basics of ArcMap and ArcCatalog and explore how these applications interrelate in a complete GIS software system through exercises, labs and a final project. Three classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Create basic map project and map layout.
- Evaluate and select appropriate projections, coordinate systems and datums.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the acquisition of spatial data.
- Describe fundamental concepts of geospatial technology.
- Demonstrate efficiency in creating maps including the thematic map display and use of data classification systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the creation of spatial data.
- Perform basic spatial analysis techniques.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Geography
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
1:00PM to 3:15PM