GEO 1206 Appalachian Environment
Overview of the various geographic aspects of the rural and urban Appalachian region, including physiography and geology; migration and settlement patterns; historical development and cultural diffusion; and population characteristics and economy.
- Describe the topography, climate, water, soils, vegetation, and mineral resources in Appalachia.
- Analyze historic and current settlement patterns and issues reflected in migration.
- Compare and contrast the past and current environmental threats to both rural and urban Appalachia.
- Appraise past and current economic conditions in both rural and urban Appalachia.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Geography
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No