GEO 2210 Advanced Spatial Analysis
This course will focus on GIS extensions to apply more complex functions and tools of ArcGIS. Students will learn how to utilize ArcGIS Network Analyst and Spatial Analyst tools to create, query and analyze data sets. Students will also learn to use GPS technology to collect data, build databases and prepare data for analysis using more advanced geodatabase tools. Three classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: GEO 1107
- Organize the data sets resulting from analysis.
- Prepare data for use in analysis.
- Determine an appropriate approach to solving a spatial problem or answering a question using geospatial tools and methods.
- Run geoprocessing tools individually and implement a model to run several tools in sequence.
- Present the results of a geospatial analysis using appropriate terminology and visualizations.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Geography
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term