HMT 1108 Pastry & Confectionery Basics
Theory and practice of pastry and confectionery for the hotel and restaurant industry, applying the fundamentals of baking science to the preparation of a variety of products. The use and care for the baking equipment normally found in the bakeshop or baking area. One classroom, six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HMT 1102 and HMT 1126
- Accurately prepare and construct basic pies and tarts typically found in a variety of baking operation.
- Prepare bakery yeast for raised products and production baking methods.
- Prepare and construct cakes, using a variety of icing and decorating methods
- Prepare and construct a variety of creams, custards, puddings, sauces, and pate choux using basic mixing and bakery production methods.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 8:50AM