HMT 1110 Menu Planning & Table Service Practicum
Menu design and development, standardizing recipes, cost controls and pricing. Practical applications in varieties of table service, catered events and customer service processes. Two classroom hours per week and a total of thirty lab hours to be conducted as part of the Tartan Terrace Dining Room service experience.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035
- Perform mathematical skills in menu planning.
- Differentiate between marketing, customer needs and design.
- Analyze costs to ensure profitability in a variety of menus.
- Demonstrate customer service in a variety of practical service settings.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 11:40AM