HMT 1125 Beverage Management
The history and process of different wines, ales and spirits, including pronunciation and selection of wines with food and identifying the required glassware for all drinks. Mixology, establishing a par stock and reorder point, discussion of Ohio’s drinking laws and bartender’s legal and social responsibilities, and bar design and layout.
Prerequisites: HMT 1105
- Pair both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks with food as a means of boosting a foodservice operation's bottom line.
- Apply local law as it pertains to the success of their career in the Hospitality Industry.
- Describe bar design and layout to include elements of sanitation and staffing.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No