HMT 1126 Baking I
Practical application of basic baking techniques, ingredients, weights and measures, terminology and formula calculations. Four lab hours per week. Note: HMT 1107 must be completed prior to registering for this course or may be taken at the same time.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035 and HMT 1107
- Demonstrate basic baking skills to include terminology, weights & measures, formula calculations, yeast-raised products, quick breads, pastry dough, and cookies.
- Demonstrate muffin method, biscuit method, and creaming method.
- Apply method to making an assortment dinner rolls.
- Demonstrate method when making pies and cookies.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 11:40AM