HMT 1129 Restaurant Desserts
Practical application of basic baking ingredients, weights and measures, terminology and formula calculations. Use of mixes and frozen bakery products to create commercial-grade finished products for restaurant service. One classroom, four lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate basic baking skills to include terminology, weights & measures, formula calculations, yeast-raised products, quick breads, pastry dough, and cookies.
- Demonstrate muffin method, biscuit method, and creaming method.
- Demonstrate method when making pies and cookies.
- Demonstrate method of completing and plating four basic restaurant desserts. serving them to the Tartan Terrace guests during service weeks.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No