HMT 1138 Managing Lodging Operations
This course provides an understanding of the General Manager's role in both small and large hotels. Addresses each department, including sales and marketing, maintenance, security, human resources. Features lodging green initiatives, revenue optimization, and a better understanding of the complexity with regard to overseeing an entire property.
Prerequisites: HMT 1105 and HMT 1136
- Explain the concept of revenue management and discuss how managers can maximize revenue by using forecast information in capacity management, discount allocation, and duration control.
- Implement problem-solving techniques as they relate to day-to-day operations.
- Determine basic functions, coordination, and routines of the following department managers within a full service lodging property: Front Office Manager - Food and Beverage Manager - Human Resource Manager - Head of Security - Controller of Accounting - Sales and Marketing Manager - Executive Housekeeper - Reservations Manager.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
5:00PM to 6:50PM