HMT 1139 Housekeeping Management
This course provides students with the principles of housekeeping management as they apply specifically to the hospitality industry. Housekeeping is critical to the success of today's lodging operations and this course will illustrate what it takes to direct day-to-day operations of this department, from big-picture management issues to technical details for cleaning each area.
Prerequisites: HMT 1105
- Identify the importance of the housekeeping department and its relationship with all other departments such as the front office, engineering/maintenance, etc.
- Design strategies used to recruit, select, hire, orientate, train, schedule, motivate, and discipline housekeeping staff.
- Demonstrate how to use common chemicals used to clean a guest room, the guest room cleaning procedures, inspection techniques, and security measures.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
7:00PM to 8:50PM