HMT 1150 Meeting & Event Planning
This course teaches students meeting and event basics such as negotiation and contracts, marketing, trade-shows, sponsorships, technology utilization, and post-event activities.
Prerequisites: HMT 1105
- Design and apply registration, meeting logistics, and technology in a simulated presentation.
- Develop pre-sale client requirements including all aspects of budget and cash-flow management.
- Coordinate site selection, negotiate contracts and anticipate risk management.
- Organize marketing and media promotion, trade shows, sponsorship and speakers.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term