HMT 2118 Artisan Breads
An in depth study of artisan baking training in proper mixing, kneading, and baking techniques to make a wide variety of crusty breads from around the world. Students will use healthy bread production techniques and whole grains, sour levain starters, poolish’s, and sour ryes, to make all classic breads. Six lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: HMT 1102 and HMT 1107 and HMT 1126
- Apply bread and general bakery terms, systems, and equipment in the bread production process.
- Demonstrate the production of common breads, bread related bakery goods and specialty bread items.
- Appraise problems involving time, temperature, and humidity in the bakery in reference to standards of artisan breads.
Credit Hours: 3
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
3:00PM to 3:50PM