HMT 2128 Cake Decoration
Students will design and use proper equipment/utensils to decorate cakes demonstrating a variety of icing techniques on multi-tiered cakes. Students will also, produce and or Work with a variety of products such as marzipan, glaze, gum paste, butter-cream icing, royal icing, cream-cheese icing, etc. to decorate cakes. Four lab hours per class.
Prerequisites: HMT 1107 and HMT 1108 and HMT 1126 and HMT 1128 and HMT 2126
- Comprehend what tools will be needed to produce a variety of icings.
- Produce and or Work with a variety products such as marzipan, glaze, gum paste, butter-cream icing, royal icing, cream-cheese icing, etc. to decorate cakes.
- Produce a theme cake using the proper tools, icing production methods, and design techniques such as making curls, flowers, boarders, etc. specified by the grading rubric.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 2:20PM