HMT 2201 Food Service Equipment, Design & Maintenance
This course provides students with skills to perform maintenance, cleaning, and sanitation of commercial kitchen equipment typically found in restaurants for the purposes of avoiding costly repairs and maintaining longevity. Layout of equipment in terms of efficiency and cost is also a part of this course. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Discuss, describe and demonstrate how to assemble and disassemble various sanitation and cleaning equipment.
- Differentiate processes of commercial kitchen equipment maintenance, cleaning, and sanitation.
- Correctly disassemble, clean, reassemble, and operate selected mechanical and not mechanical cooking equipment.
- Identify and demonstrate key components of the refrigeration system in regards to operation, cleanliness and maintenance.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
4:00PM to 7:40PM