HMT 2203 Street Foods & Food Trucks
Students will be able to operate and sustain a successful Food Truck. The course will entail choosing vending locations, opening checklist, closing checklist, and cooking on an actual food truck. Another part of the course will be to develop a sound business plan complete with a reasonable budget, commissary controls, daily operations, and how to stay lean and profitable by avoiding the most common operating mistakes.
Prerequisites: HMT 1101 and HMT 1107 and HMT 1112
- Students will select a site for the food truck/street foods operation. And complete all necessary paperwork.
- Students will execute the setup sales period and cleanup of a Food Truck/Street Foods operation.
- Students in small groups of 2 or 3 will complete the prep work for the daily operation of a street food/food truck operation
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Hospitality Management
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No